Girls Soccer Kicks Off New Season

Girls Varsity soccer anticipates a tough season, but one filled with opportunities to build team rapport.

Reanna Sturgill, Reporter

A new season is coming– which means that Taft’s sports teams are spring-ing into action! Tryouts for the Girls Varsity Soccer team took place on March 1, 2022. Immediately after, practices began in preparation for their first game at Ogden International on March 14. The team’s coach, Daniel Harte says that their season has begun and will end around mid-May. 

Coach Harte expects his “young team” to be “competitive” and ready to “challenge for conference, city, and regional championships.” Aside from this, Harte mentioned that the team will be in for a tough season, so they can gain match experience and confidence to beat great teams! From the team’s “commitment and passion” Harte shared that he expects to have a memorable season. 

Harte says that since the training field is his favorite part, he is excited to “provide a support structure for improvement which hopefully leads to demonstrating and expressing their talents on game day.” He looks forward to “more opportunities for team-building and increasing that very valuable team chemistry” as the pandemic continues to wane. 

With plans to volunteer for the Special Olympics Soccer event in April, Harte says there will be “plenty of work and fun over the next three months together.” 

arte shared that spectators and fans can expect a wonderful game-day experience with game-day announcer, Mr. Cohen. Harte shared, “Cohen is the best in the business” for giving an experience “like the professionals.” Harte says that the team will “play all of our local rivals” this season and some new teams. Harte hopes “to see everyone out there!” with Taft’s “positive student support”.