Senior Graduation Around the Corner

Taft administrators share details about June graduation ceremony

Jasmine Salazar, Reporter

Class of 2022 is near the end of their high school career which means Graduation day is sneaking up on us. This year’s Taft seniors have a great advantage; they will actually be walking across the stage unlike last year’s seniors.

There have been many questions from seniors in regards to graduation and its precise details. This year, graduation takes place on Sunday, June 12, 2022 at 12:00 PM. It will be held at the Rosemont Theater as stated in Taft’s weekly bulletin.

Also included in the bulletin, Taft seniors will only be provided 4 tickets per student. Many seniors would like that number to have been higher but unfortunately Mr. Glowacz, Assistant Principal, states: “Due to the size of the Senior class each Graduate will receive 4 tickets, there will not be an opportunity for extra tickets.”

In addition, there have been concerns over a specific dress code for Graduation. There is no designated attire to be worn at graduation although Mr. Glowacz shared: “Aside from the Cap and Gown we ask all graduates to dress in a way that appropriately honors the significance of the ceremony.”

Excitingly enough, Seniors are indeed allowed to “decorate their Caps for graduation, but we ask them to be respectful with their creativity.” Besides apparel, students shared worries about mask requirements. Are masks needed at Graduation? “The current CPS mask guidance would require a mask at the ceremony, but this is likely to change prior to June” Mr. Glowacz elaborated.

Graduation Cap Attribution: User:Fred the Oyster, CC BY-SA 3.0, via Wikimedia Commons

Furthermore, Glowacz also informed with small details about Graduation such as how long the ceremony will be in which he said would last around 2- 2.5 hours. In relation to who the Valedictorian is he said we won’t know until we are closer to Graduation. Until then, the class of 2022 will continue anxiously until their day of departure!