Glow on 2020

Glowacz+shares+his+thoughts+on+2020+and+is+excited+for+the+events+to+come.+%0APhoto+by+Ella+Ridge.+

Glow on 2020

Glowacz shares his thoughts on 2020 and is excited for the events to come. 
Photo by Ella Ridge.

Glowacz shares his thoughts on 2020 and is excited for the events to come. Photo by Ella Ridge.

Ella Ridge, Reporter

A principal and athletic director of the freshman academy, Ryan Glowacz, jump into the new year with big plans for the campus and its students.

A few of Glowacz’s main focuses for the freshman academy in 2020 include the completion of the building and the outdoor track on the south side.

“One of the things I am really looking forward to is the project being completed. If you walk around the building, you’ll notice many areas of the school that are missing some things, for example, all the glass that needs to be put in. But what I’m really excited about is the track that will be built on the south side of the school. It’s eight lanes that the track team can use as well as P.E. classes. I think it will be complete around July,” said Glowacz.

Glowacz also explains his excitement for the finalization of the gymatorium for the upcoming musical, Frozen, which will be taking place in May 2020.

“We are still working on the gymatorium as it needs a few more light fixtures, improvements on the sound system, and the stage. We want this ready before the musical production happening in May, which will be Frozen! I’m really stoked for productions like the musical because we finally get to use the building for something big, but we’re still not at a point where we can enjoy all 18 acres,” said Glowacz.

Come springtime, the patio will be completed for the students to eat lunch outdoors.

“On the south side of the school, there’s a large patio area that will be available for the students to enjoy lunch in the springtime.”

Glowacz is hopeful that the second half of the year will bring some regularity for the students. He would like to see the students continue to build routines and culture at the Freshman Academy.

Glowacz says, “It was a tough start at the beginning of the year for the Freshman Academy. We opened a brand new school and then we had a two-week gap because of the strike. We really want the freshmen to have a much stronger second semester than first.”

Glowacz also hopes to incorporate aspects of the varsity campus into the Freshman Academy.

“In 2020, we want to resemble the varsity campus, cultural-wise. At the varsity campus, there are all these activities you can get into, and I feel like a little bit each day you see more and more of it here at the freshman academy,” said Glowacz

Glowacz, along with Assistant Principal Eric Flores, are definitely determined to help the Freshman Academy reach its full potential, and by implementing their 2020 plans, they’ll be able to do just that.