Popeyes vs. Chick-Fil-A

The debate over which chicken sandwich is best just maybe remain unresolved

Isabel Comacchio , Reporter

In the beginning of August, Popeyes sparked a feud between the originator of the chicken sandwich, Chick-fil-a.

Composed of similar ingredients, these sandwiches consist of a breaded and fried fillet of chicken, a bun, and pickles placed below the fillet when assembled. However, the public eye separates the sandwiches in very different ways.

Using different breading and secret sauces seemed to grab people’s attention when it comes to the Popeyes chicken sandwich. Some may argue that Chick-Fil-A’s chicken sandwiches are less overwhelming and more self-customizable.

“I personally prefer the Chick-fil-a chicken sandwich because I find it to be less salty than the Popeyes chicken sandwich. The Chick-fil-a sandwich also tastes amazing with their signature sauce,” said sophomore Nathan Rosales, Div. 238.

Seemingly, Chick-Fil-A is in favor, but for parents in need to feed their families may be in favor of Popeyes sandwich meal options. With Chick-Fil-A being slightly more expensive, a few cents can be very useful for big families.

More recently, Popeyes has run into a sanitary scandal. Pictures have surfaced through twitter showing popeyes employee preparing the sandwiches over a trashcan in the back of the kitchen.

Junior Jacob Matias (Div. 120) sided with Chick-Fil-A upon hearing about the incident. “I think that it’s pretty nasty, even though it wasn’t made in a trash can, it was made on top of a trash can near germs and bacteria which is gross because who knows what’s been in that trash can,” said Matias.

On the other hand, Taft students, Sabrina Velez (Div. 047)  and Mariano Garcia (Div.125) explained the conditions of working in a Chick-Fil-A kitchen and store front.

“We constantly have to keep our areas clean and we have to switch our sanitizing buckets every 20 minutes. Every time we touch our uniforms or something foreign to the kitchen and food, we have to take off our gloves, wash our hands, and put a new clean set on,” said Garcia.

“For the front position we have on hand sanitizing buckets that we clean the counters with constantly. We mop and sweep even during rush hours. We have a specific way of washing our hands. Chick-Fil-a is even known for having the cleanest bathrooms. Our dedication is pretty strong when it comes to keeping clean,” said Velez.

In all, very few people seemed to enjoy the popeyes experience. Some explained that both of the sandwiches taste identical; however, the deciding factor is usually location.

Which one tickles your taste buds? Determine which sandwich is worth it and take a side in the Chicken sandwich feud!