Test day stress day

Test day stress day

A visual representation of the stress students have as judgment day comes closer.

Cerine Belmiloud, Reporter

With the SAT quickly approaching, on Apr. 9, both juniors and teachers alike are rushing to get everything in order.

As most know, the SAT is rather a big deal for students. It is a defining moment in the progression of their college career. That’s why juniors are signing up for SAT prep classes, as an extra boost. From taking outside tutoring classes, Taft’s SAT boot camp, and hours of practice on Khan Academy, students are trying anything and everything to prepare for the test.

“I started visiting a tutor for the SAT to improve my score because I want to become an engineer. So I started with my cousin, and since we’ve been working together, I saw improvement. And, I’m so thankful to say I’ve already jumped a hundred points, but I feel like with more time and practice I’ll raise it to the score I need. That’s why not only am I taking tutoring classes outside of school, but I will also attend the SAT boot camp provided here at Taft,” said junior Giuseppe Camarda, Div. 047.

For many students, finding the time to study is almost as hard studying. Students stressing over homework, sports, and other extracurriculars, now how to stress over finding the time on their already busy schedule to study for the big test.

“So, for the most part, it’s really hard to find time to study for the SAT because there’s so much to do after school. I’ve tried Khan Academy, worked out of the SAT book, gotten tutoring, you name it, I’ve done it. At this point, it’s solely mental preparation and trying to get into the right headspace before the test,” said junior Alexandra Zalecki, Div. 025.

Overall, as the SAT approaches, the stress increases and everyone scrambles to study and help others as a collective effort. Now, all there is left to do is review and rest up the night before and make to sure to eat a healthy breakfast.