Senior Art travels to Harvard

Senior Art travels to Harvard

Wodzisz artwork that will be featured at Harvard

Arielle Collins, Reporter

Senior Katarzyna Wodzisz’s artwork will be featured in the Harvard Law School Immigration Project Art Exhibition, along with other students work on immigration.

*Wodzisz’s was inspired to create artwork for the SUITCASE: The Power We Carry Art Gallery hosted by KINETIC due to her being an immigrant. The annual KINETIC immigrant and refugee youth art gallery hosted the SUITCASE to  give students a creative space for them to honor, share, create, and re-learn their histories as immigrant and refugee youths. For the Harvard Law School Immigration Project (HIP) exhibit, due to the extra space, her work was chosen from photos of her previous Suitcase immigration exhibit.

“I think it is an amazing opportunity especially because my artwork will get to be exhibited in Harvard which is definable a memorable experience. Furthermore, this exhibition is meant for immigrants and being a part of the students that will get to present their immigrant experiences is truly an honor. I am also extremely excited to see my artwork travel and be displayed in other settings then it originally was made for,” said Wodzisz.

**HIP is one of the few projects that grants students the opportunity to access hands on legal experience. Students skills serve a purpose to many different legal settings. The HIP is spreading a strong “Pro bono” culture for the Harvard community as well and serving immigrant communities with high-quality advocacy.

Wodzisz’s artwork will be making its way down to be featured in the week long Harvard Law School Immigration Project, where other immigration student artwork will be featured as well.