Commemorating the cadets

Commemorating the cadets

Students get excited when Chief Master Richard Kough begins to dance for them at the Ball.

Kate Garnett, Reporter

William Howard Taft’s annual Military Ball was held on Apr. 5 at the Victoria Banquet Hall in Rosemont.

Each year the Junior Reserve Officers Training Corps (JROTC) program hosts a military ball for the cadets, and their guests. It is a way to celebrate all the work the cadets put into the program and to have a good time.

The event starts off with a service where the top ranked cadets, staff, and their guest, get seated at the head of the table. Speeches are given to commemorate all the hard work and dedication everyone puts into the program.

This year, a handful of very hardworking cadets all got ranked up to officers which requires a lot of dedication and knowledge about the program. They will become the leaders of the JROTC program, and do great things.          The night began with a ceremony, dinner, and then was followed by a lot of dancing.

The cadets and their guests had an overall good time according to Junior

Cadet Elijah Hernandez.

“Me and my friends all really enjoyed this years military ball, there was good music, good food, and overall it was just a fun time,” said Hernandez.

Military Ball is a very fun experience for students and is a great reward for all the cadets who worked hard to make this a great program.