Swinging into the baseball season

2018-19+Baseball+Team.+

Swinging into the baseball season

2018-19 Baseball Team.

2018-19 Baseball Team.

2018-19 Baseball Team.

2018-19 Baseball Team.

Jaime Gallegos, Reporter

Taft Boy’s Baseball season is quickly approaching, and the boys have been getting the ball rolling in the weight room and in the batting cages.

Ending their last season 23-5-1 and 12-1-1 in conference, the boys took their commitment, dedication and hours of practice to the field each game. Facing rival teams such as Lane Tech and Whitney Young, this season will bring the same intensity and skill set as last year.

“We definitely have to step it up year after year, and that’s what we plan for this season”, said senior Captain Diego Gonzalez Div. 931.

Having graduated six seniors last year, the Eagles will have to pick up where they left off. The Eagles plan on advancing further than they did last year, which was only up to the Quarterfinals of the City playoffs, where they were then eliminated out of the first round of Regionals.

History teacher and Head Coach Richard Pildes will be leading the team for the 35th year in a row. Pildes is looking to add multiple wins to his already impressive, 600 career wins with Taft.

A confident Pildes said, “We have a solid group with great potential to progress throughout the year.”

The Eagles played their season opener on Tuesday, March 19 at Niles North High School and secured that game with a final score of 3-2. March 23 Taft went on to play Chicago Washington with a final score of 13-3, starting the season off with two wins with many more to come.