The Jonas Brothers are back

Jonas+brothers+posing+for+their+new+song+together+

The Jonas Brothers are back

Jonas brothers posing for their new song together

Wiktoria Kosinska, Reporter

Popular and well-known boy band from the early 2000s, the Jonas Brothers have reunited after separating back in 2013, leaving old time fans thrilled.

The band consists of three brothers: Kevin Jonas, Joe Jonas, and Nick Jonas. Formed in 2005,  the Jonas Brothers quickly became the boy band that had every pre-teen going crazy. They starred in several Disney TV shows and films, such as Camp Rock, Camp Rcok 2: The Final Jam,  and Jonas/Jonas L.A. series. In addition, they’ve also released several albums, 2 of which that have made it to the No.1 on the Billboard 200 chart.*

The Jonas Brothers officially announced their reunion Feb. 28 2019, finally piecing together what every young girl dreamed to be true.

Senior Colette Kostrzewa (Div. 917) was a die-hard fan of the Jonas brothers growing up. She kept up with their television shows and movies that they starred in and loved their music. Kostrzewa explains, “At first I was pretty much in denial about it because I figured that it was just a fake story going around, but when I actually found out that it was 100% serious and true, I got really excited and my seven-year-old heart burst. My favorite song was Brunin’ Up”

Their new song “Sucker” was released March 1, 2019 along with the official music video. The single quickly made its way up to No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100, passing many talented artists.*

Another big Jonas Brothers fan since 2008, Kendall Di Silvio (Div. 917) exclaims, “I love their new song!” Di Silvio admits, “I might be biased because I’m a big fan of them, but I really like it. I downloaded it the first day it came out. I don’t think their music style changed all that much, although it’s hard to judge off of one song. Most of their songs in the past were upbeat and about a person and I think this one is similar.”

The Jonas Brothers announced that they’ve recorded 30-40 new songs to be released, implying a new album to be dropped. They’ve also announced they’ll be going on tour in Australia, Though dates have not been announced. Fans can also expect a documentary depicting the lives of the band members.**

Rumors about a new album have fans like Elizabeth Morales (Div. 947) thrilled. “I’m really hoping for a new album because I can already tell that they will have a lot of other good songs,” said Morales.

With many young hearts being pieced back together by the reunion of their first crushes, it’s safe to say that the Jo-Bro comeback was a success, and that they are here to stay.