All the way to England

Senior+Kenny+Boggs+is+ready+to+pursue+his+goal+of+internationally+playing+rugby+with+this+opportunity.++

All the way to England

Senior Kenny Boggs is ready to pursue his goal of internationally playing rugby with this opportunity.

Cerine Belmiloud, Reporter

It is every student-athletes’ dream to play in D1, but fewer than 2 percent of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) student-athletes go on to be professional athletes.

In the world of William Howard Taft’s senior Rugby player Kenny Boggs (Div 927) Boggs will be graduating soon and is about to experience an exciting change.

“I am very excited for  this upcoming tour, I am   most excited for the traveling and adventures. I was also most excited for playing at a high level of rugby to see  how well I compare with them,” said Boggs.

Although Boggs has not chosen which school he’ll be attending in the fall, he has an exhilarating summer ahead of him. During the summer, Boggs will be leaving to travel to England in hopes of pursuing his interests of playing rugby and taking the opportunity to compete with people in the same levels as him, as well as challenging his abilities.

“I am heading to England for the tornadoes which are a select side team for Illinois and it is two weeks of playing high-level rugby and adventures. Nobody else from Taft is coming on the tour and as other offers for tours, I am heading down to Kentucky to play in a tournament,” said Boggs.

This opportunity will allow him to encounter diversity and new strategies that will better him as a rugby player while also learning a lesson. Rugby is a big dream of Boggs, and he may take this to the next step, and this journey for him will start when he travels to England.