The New Softball Coach

The New Softball Coach

New Coach Rothbart demonstrates to her freshmen/sophomore team valuable softball skills.

Alyssa Martinez, Reporter

Math teacher Cassandra Rothbart begins her first time coaching for the new Freshman and Sophomore girls softball team. Rothbart has never coached a softball team before but she does coach for the Girls Varsity Golf team.

She enjoys coaching for sports and was once a three-season athlete during her high school years as well as played in co-ed recreation leagues during the fall and summer. Rothbart    is  devoted to sports in general, particularly in softball and golf, which makes her a great leader and coach for the team.

There’s a lot of work a coach must put into the team, rather than just giving commands. In order to coach a team properly, there needs to be a lot of preparation such as making sure all players have an opportunity to become better athletes, which is an important goal for Rothbart,

”I don’t think coaching is easy. It is a lot of work to make sure that girls are performing to their best abilities and getting girls prepared for competitive games. We have a lot of talented girls and making sure that they have all of the opportunities to become better athletes is the most important thing for me,” said Rothbart.   

Rothbart had a fascination for softball and although the season hasn’t started yet, she believes that there may be some challenges in future games. She has faith that, over time, the team will be prepared for any challenge in their way,

“I know that coaching any team has its challenges. I think that as time goes on I will be better suited to handle any challenges that come my way,” said Rothbart.

Rothbart’s fascination, devotion, and past experiences with sports exhibit her qualifications for the job.

Coaching can be a little difficult and challenging at times, but her goal is to hopefully make a varsity team or junior varsity in the near future and by pushing through those challenges, her goals can be achieved.