Grishaber Wants to Hear from YOU

Grishaber Wants to Hear from YOU

Principal Mark Grishaber wants students, teachers and parents to Ask the Principal their questions.
Photo by Lindsey Adams.

Principal Mark Grishaber wants students, teachers and parents to Ask the Principal their questions. Photo by Lindsey Adams.

By Lindsey Adams, Reporter

William Howard Taft High School, Principal, Mark Grishaber, has opened an Ask the Principal link on the Taft website in hopes of connecting and keeping in touch with those in the Taft community.

Ask the Principal is a way for students, parents and teachers to easily send Grishaber their thoughts or concerns and receive a response quickly. The link is located on the homepage of the Taft website or in the About Us drop down menu. Once the link is clicked, you must input your name, email and your question as an email. The email is then sent directly to Grishaber where he will respond as quickly as possible.

“I stole [Ask the Principal] from another school. I saw and thought it was a good idea. Sometimes people have questions and they can’t get through to me, so they can just email me directly. It works out pretty good. I probably get four or five questions a day,” said Grishaber.

This link allows students and parents to be heard by an important figure in the school who can address issues and topics immediately. Grishaber has gotten questions from parents about programing and admissions, jokes from students, and other thought-provoking questions so far.

“I had one that asked me how much butter do they use in a pound cake. And I told them one pound because that’s what a pound cake is,” said Grishaber.

Ask the Principal link on the Taft website where Eagle students and parents can send in their questions.
Photo by Lindsey Adams.

Students can turn to this link if they are concerned about a specific matter with the school that Grishaber has the power to help with.

“I would find this helpful in the future depending on the severity of any problems upcoming, past, or present,” said freshman Angel Ramirez, Div 220.

Students can also come to this link to inform Grishaber of an idea of theirs or to give their input on specific subjects.

“I think it’s different and cool that he decided to do  this and give students more of a voice,” said Lena Delapena, Div 229.

Ask the Principal appears to be a hit with the Eagles so far. Only time will tell if the program continues to be a link between the community and Grishaber.