Milica Bojovic Accomplishing Her Dreams

Milica Bojovic Accomplishing Her Dreams

Alejandro Nunez, Reporter

Throughout the school many seniors are wrapping up their high school careers and starting to begin their lives into adulthood, eagerly awaiting the graduation ceremony and receiving their hard earned diplomas. Milica Bojovic, this year’s top rank student, is one of these seniors.

“I do feel stressed because of the speech and whether I would get the diploma or not (I.B. diploma) so I do feel a certain amount of pressure but I am honored to be chosen to make a speech at graduation. I respect the fact that I’m being awarded for all the hard work…but it does put extra pressure on me to meet expectations,” said Bojovic.

Bojovic is captain of the belly dancing team, a prominent figure in the debate team, likely to be named valedictorian and very passionate about poetry and generally has very interesting and strong feelings about any of her interests. Bojovic is attending the American University in Washington D.C and majoring in International Studies which is her main reason for entering our school’s I.B. program. She wants to work with professions such as Peace Corp, working for the U.N. (United Nations) as well as diplomacy. While disappointed to learn of their lack of a belly dancing club she has decided to take the responsibility into her own hands,

“[I want to] Take the initiative and make a belly dancing club as well as a Policy debate club because they (American University) don’t have one. I decided to change the situation to fit me instead of complain about it,” said Bojovic.

Bojovic is an incredibly hard working student overcoming a language barrier due to her being raised in Serbia and moving in 2014. Before coming to Taft she worked on building up her fluency in English  since her freshman year and credits a large amount of her progress to the Debate Team and how their program taught her how to formulate arguments, sentences, and essays.

“She’s aspiring to work with people on an international scale and I can definitely see her reaching her goals,” said biology teacher Michael Ventura.

In her time at Taft she feels that our school has opened up her mind to new ideals that  previously she hadn’t been exposed to coming from a small town in an entirely different part of the globe, but overall she thinks moving to Chicago and going to Taft helped her gain ample view from a variety of different peoples perspectives.

“Milica is the most hardworking person I know, I see her here till 5:30 or later most days and she’s always willinging to help out other people before helping herself,” said senior Samantha Ketter.

After she graduates from College she plans to use her knowledge and degree to help people and contribute to current efforts all over the world and help in any way she can.