Football: Five Eagles Earn All-Conference Honors; Krupa Named To All-City Team

Piotr Krupa is Taft football's seventh all-city lineman in the last seven years.

Sheri Fitte

Sheri Fitte

Rachelle Mercado, Editor

Five Taft football players earned all-conference honors this season with junior offensive lineman Piotr Krupa also being named to the Chicago Public League Football Coaches Association All-City Team.

Juniors Kobe Collins (WR/DB), Sean Watson (OL/DL), Jamie Gallegos (DB), and Krupa, join senior kicker Marek Klimek on the CPL Illini Red Bird All-conference team.  

“I’m proud of our players and it’s great recognition for our program.  Piotr [Krupa] is the seventh all-city linemen we’ve had here in the last seven years, so it’s a great honor for him and it’s great for him to carry on that tradition in our program,” said head football coach John Tsarouchas.

“I feel great, I didn’t expect it. It’s a very good award to have and not many people have it; it’s like school history now,” said Krupa.

Kobe Collins starts for the Eagles on offense at wide receiver and at cornerback on defense and is excited about the all-conference recognition.

“It feels amazing. I put a lot of time and effort in to perfect my craft. To see that all the hard work is paying off really makes me feel good,” said Collins.

With four all-conference players next returning next season, the Eagles are returning a solid core of players for the 2018 season.