Bigger Cafeteria Makes For Better Students

Ted Claveria, Reporter

Having a bigger cafeteria would help students by reducing the lunch line by half, allowing more time to eat and hangout with friends.

There should be a bigger cafeteria so students have more time to eat and have sufficient energy for the rest of the day. Most students at Taft have to wait long periods of time just to get food to continue on for the rest of their day. Some students even have to skip lunch because they are sick and tired of waiting and have to deal with the hunger later on. Most kids rarely bring their own lunch to school and they depend on school lunch.

If students miss their lunch it could increase health issues and that can become a big problem for that student’s family. Not every parent has extra cash to buy their kids some snacks to give them energy for the rest of the day. Most parents tell their kids to eat lunch or breakfast at school since they don’t have enough time to prepare food for their kids and they have to work early in the morning.

According to Modifying Eating and Lifestyles they show that the more time students have to finish their lunches, they could eat more vegetables, and drink more milk. Students have to waste 20 minutes of their lunch time standing, waiting in line, by the time they get to their tables they have 10 minutes to eat their lunch. According to Benefits of eating a large lunch, your body cannot function properly without a sufficient amount of calories, your body goes into a conservation mode and it slows down your metabolism. By having a full stomach you would be less likely to get irritated and angry caused by hunger.

“By having a bigger cafeteria would help since most of the tables are full and I often see a lot of kids standing around or out in the halls because there’s no seats,” said Ethan Chacki.

“Having a bigger cafeteria would really be helpful because Taft is really crowded and we need more space, it is packed,” said Marco Gomez.

By having a bigger cafeteria at Taft it would benefit all students since they don’t need to wait in line for half of their lunch period and they could also eat their lunches faster, also if they have some spare time left they could even do some homework.