Let Your Valentine Know You Care

Katie Morria

Katie Morria

Katie Morris, Reporter

The Crush Can and Give Your Sugar Some Sugar Fundraisers are here for Taft Students to show some love this Valentine’s Day while supporting their school and community.

The Crush Can Fundraiser lets Taft students send another student a card revealing how they feel about them on Valentine’s Day for only $1. You can send someone a card by color: orange means friend, red means crush, and purple means Valentine. Although if you do not participate in sending someone a card for Valentine’s Day then now you know what it means if you receive one. The cards will be sold throughout the week from Feb. 5th-9th during all Taft lunches, 3rd through 8th period. They will be delivering the cards on Valentines Day during 2nd period to all the Valentines.

The Crush Can Fundraiser is to help raise money for the aquatics program like, boys and girls swimming and water polo. One thing that would help out the aquatics teams would be the evening out of the swim team suit cost between the boys and the girls considering the girls swimsuits are more expensive than the boys due to more material needed. The money raised will also help clean up the pool and purchase new equipment. 

The Give Your Sugar Some Sugar Fundraiser created by the Student Government gives Taft students the chance to send other Taft students a goodie bag filled with Hershey’s kisses and a note written by you for only $2. Like the Crush Can fundraiser these will be sold throughout the week from Feb. 5th-9th during all Taft lunches, 3rd through 8th period. They will be delivering the goodies on Valentines Day during 2nd period to all the Valentines.

The Give Your Sugar Some Sugar Fundraiser helps support a local Chicago home where for over 20 years men and women that need homes can rebuild their life and live up to their best potential at The Boulevard. The Boulevard of Chicago provides high quality, cost-effective medical respite care, holistic support and housing services to help ill and injured homeless adults break the cycle of homelessness, restore their health and rebuild their lives. Their vision is to serve more homeless individuals and improve their lives by minimizing the impact of illness and injury and affirming the link between health care continuity and stable housing.

If you want to show someone you care this Valentine’s Day then participate with one or both of these fundraisers in the lunch rooms.